Christopher Wise, founder and CEO of Wise Living, is a New England native and has lived much of his life in Massachusetts. He began developing housing on Cape Cod in 1985.
Chris developed the Wise Living concept in response to his grandmother’s retirement needs. In aiding her with her search for a retirement solution, Chris recognized the advantage of senior living being developed in a way that would be consistent with an existing village infrastructure and people’s desire to remain in control of their lives. Chris built his first independent living community in Chatham, MA in 1990, “The Chatham House”.
Since then, Wise Living has presided over the development of six independent living communities consisting of 182 apartments, averaging $400,000 per unit in sales price. All sales and marketing was managed in house by Wise Living Management, a subsidiary of Wise Living and all projects were developed by Wise Living Development, a subsidiary of Wise Living. These properties were located in Chatham, Orleans, Harwich, Harwich Port and Falmouth. Wise Living is headquartered in Chatham and has developed several other properties. Projects include:
- Owner, Developer General Contractor of Wise living Yarmouth – Independent Living Community
- Owner, Developer, General Contractor of 13 Deluxe Condominiums – 350 Bradford Street, Provincetown, MA
- Partner, Developer, General Contractor 193 site Campground, 84 Bayberry Ave Provincetown MA. Completed 100% utility up-grade for each site with: water, town sewer and electrical panel hook up at each site.
- Participated in land donations and development of 13 Affordable Units, Oshman Way, Woods Hole, MA
- Owner, Developer of ‘Dillingham Place’ – a 55 Unit, 40B Independent Living Community located at 110 Dillingham Avenue in Falmouth, MA – sold out during construction
- Owner, Developer of ‘Orleans Place’ – a 41 Unit, 40B Independent Living Community located at 18 West Road in Orleans, MA – sold out during construction
- General Contractor – 8 Apartments and 3 Retail Spaces all within one building, Williamstown, MA
- General Contractor (from frame to finish) – Whaler’s Wharf, Provincetown, MA
- General Contractor – Commercial and Residential Building in Marina Bay, Quincy, MA
- Owner, Developer, General Contractor of ‘Park Place’ – a 29 Unit Independent Living Condominium located at 912 Main Street in Chatham, MA – sold out during construction – as well as a 4 Apartment/1 Retail Space building and a 1 Apartment/1 Retail Space building
- Owner, Developer of ‘The Melrose’ – a 29 Unit Independent Living Condominium Community located at 601 Rt. 28 in Harwich, MA
- Owner, Developer of ‘The Harwich House’ – an 18 Unit Independent Living Condominium Community located at 26 Pleasant Lake Avenue in Harwich, MA
- Owner, Developer, General Contractor of ‘The Chatham House’ – a 10 Unit Apartment Building located at 33 Cross Street in Chatham, MA
- Owner, Developer, General Contractor of a 3 Unit Condominium, Chatham Bars Golf Course located on 106 Seaview Street, Chatham, MA
Chris is committed to the preservation of community and has served on the following Boards:
- 2 years on The Cape Cod Foundation Board of Directors
- 4 years on The Housing Assistance Corporation Board of Directors; 2 years on The Housing Assistance Corporation Nominating Committee; Served on the Housing Assistance Corporation Business & Philanthropy Committee and the HAC Workforce Housing Task Force.
- 12 years on The Hospice & Palliative Care of Cape Cod Board of Directors, serving the last 2 years as Chairman of the Governance and Nominating Committee
- Board of Directors of the American Red Cross, Hyannis Chapter